Sopa de Ajo con Crema o Almandes
- 2 heads of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups milk (I used 2%, since I had it on hand. I would suggest a little fat, but no need for heavy cream)
- 3 Tbsp. dry sherry (something you would actually drink)
- Mince garlic, either by hand(!!), food processor, or garlic press (I used a press).
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring until softened (3 min?). Be careful not to let it brown too much.
- Add broth and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add milk and sherry. Cook, stirring, for around 5 minutes, careful not to let it come to a boil.
- Serve with fresh croutons.
Be sure that both you and your significant other partake of this meal. Else you may be without kisses for a while. And probably not a good idea to take this to work for lunch if you'll be visiting patients in the afternoon.
Please leave a comment and let me know if you try this recipe.